Chilton County Historical Society Cemetery Information
Books For Sale
Online Archives

April 12, 2020
2:00 pm, Sunday,
Senior Connections, Clanton
Speaker TBD
CCHS in the News
Council votes to allow clean-up of Clanton City Cemetery

Local historian will give lecture on Battle of Ebenezer Church
Wessington Post Office and Postmasters


Established as Dukes Switch on May 28, 1891.  Names changed to Wessington on May 21, 1892.  Discontinued on July 8, 1893.

Daniel B. Sturkey – 1891

Source:  Chilton County and Her People, 1985 edition, page 172